CALL FOR GALLERY PROPOSALS
Polk County Conservation is seeking proposals for exhibition in The Galleries at the Jester Park Nature Center. Established and emerging artists currently living in Iowa are invited to apply individually or with a group to exhibit. The exhibition will run January 2 - April 28, 2024. The deadline to submit your proposal is October 15, 2023. Proposals received after that date may not be considered.
The Jester Park Nature Center is located in the heart of Jester Park and serves as a gateway to the outdoors. The facility offers educational displays, live animals, breathtaking views, public programs, and local art. More information about the Jester Park Nature Center is available at http://www.jesterparknaturecenter.com/.
What are the expectations?
- Artist(s) are responsible for all associated expenses related to design, fabrication, presentation, insurance, and transportation.
- Artist may decide if they would like to sell their work or mark it as “NFS”.
- Polk County Conservation does not take a commission on work sold.
- Artwork must remain on display during the entire exhibition.
- Polk County Conservation will install and strike exhibition.
- Polk County Conservation is not liable for any lost, stolen, or damaged work.
How do I apply?
To propose an exhibition, please provide the following:
- Ten (10) images of your work
- Description of your proposed exhibition in Word or PDF format
- One-page artist’s statement or project narrative
- One-page CV
For further information and to submit your proposal, email Missy Smith, Nature Center Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be contacted on November 1, 2023 regarding our selection.